WordPress is a content management system and an open-source blogging tool that is free of charge. Some of its features include template system and plugin architecture. It is the most popular blogging system used in the web.
What are the Features of WordPress?
- Themes – Users of WordPress can install themes and if they like they can switch to other themes. Themes change the appearance and how it functions in a WordPress website without changing the content or structure of the website.
- Plugins – WordPress has more than 30,000 plugins, and each one has its own customized functions so that the user can modify their sites according to their individual needs.
- Mobiles – WordPress can work on certain mobile phones, allowing new blog posts and pages, commenting and replying to comments.
- Other Features – WordPress also features support for tagging pictures and posts, integrated link management, ability to assign multiple categories to articles and many more.
How Does WordPress Excel Over Other CMS?
- It is focused on designing a solution to a problem and a clear target audience.
- It is easy to use. Anybody can build a website on WordPress and it is running in a couple of hours. While other CMS focus on being expandable, WordPress only wants to be used by people.
- It has a clearer business model compared to others.
- It is committed to serve even the non-technical users who wish to communicate easily and effectively.
- It is a very successful blogging platform and the most successful Content Management System.
- It gained instant credibility as soon as websites such as Engadget and Smashing Magazine started using it.
- It is all about content and bloggers know content.
WordPress is the most popular CMS because it offers blogs and news. It understands very well that content is more important than technology. Its ability to influence content wins over the technical features of other CMS. WordPress is popular because its design starts from the bottom to the top in order to meet the needs of people who understand digital communication.
Most top blogs all over the world are related to technology while WordPress is concentrated on content. This is very relevant because users of other websites running on WordPress will, in all likelihood, use WordPress also. This will give WordPress a large amount of built-in credibility as well as potential significant editorial bias.